signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Monday, December 12, 2011

sew cute!

I'm all about saving money. Well, more like, spending money where it's absolutely necessary and creatively compensating for things that do not necessary have to be store-bought. Like stationery. Think about it... you spend a lot of money on cute cards and then what? Is the recipient going to FRAME your beautiful, expensive card? Are they going to display it on their mantle for more than a week or so? No and no. Waste of money! Solution? Make your own!

Cute as a button cards: fun, simple, so cute and so easy to personalize.

You can add as many buttons as you wish! I made simple cards and I'll use them for thank you notes to students during the holidays.

All you need: colorful card stock paper, a needle, fun colored thread and oodles of buttons! 


Sigi says: 
This project can also be done with kids! Use larger, dull needles and yarn for a more playful look.

2 comments:

  1. I love this... it's easy... and sew cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I have a number of extra buttons from clothing tags, I may have to give it a go...

    ReplyDelete