signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Friday, December 2, 2011

hunny bun.

One thing I discovered after living with my lovely 'surrogate' Danish family for so long is that I love buns. That's right, buns. Cinnamon buns, birthday buns, seeded buns, healthy buns, after-school buns, buns with carrot shavings, buns with chocolate bits. Buns. Danes have a bun for every occasion, in fact, they even have a holiday dedicated to buns! Go figure. My favorite buns were the seeded buns. Warm, perfectly baked, soft as a pillow with a thick layer of sunflower seeds nuzzled on the bottom. Slice it open, watch butter melt so quickly, right before adding a delicious slice of Danish cheese. This was my life. My bun life. Last year during Thanksgiving, I attempted to bake these famous buns.

ta-da!  
not exactly like Mette's, but close :)

love my buns! 

No comments:

Post a Comment