signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One smart cookie

Sugar cookies are the answer to everything. Want to make a child smile? Sugar cookies. Have nothing to do on a Friday night? Sugar cookies. Need a dessert for your hootenanny? Sugar cookies. Want to bring a treat for your students but can't think of anything? Sugar cookies. Want to spend 5 hours in your kitchen listening to Christmas music? Sugar cookies. 


Naturally, I have the Martha Stewart cookie app on my iPhone, which is where I get all my  cookie recipes. This particular recipe is simple, yields about 1 million cookies and is absolutely delicious! (I sometimes add a bit of cinnamon) 


As for the icing... you can use the simple powdered sugar + water combo - be sure to add a few drops of water at a time until you reach the desired consistency.  However, I prefer royal icing - it's thicker and can be used in a pastry bag for precise decorating :) 

glitter hearts. 



cookie decorating with my 3rd graders at Lithuanian School :) 

Halloween cookies for my 2nd grade at CMCS

I baked 100+ cookies so Mama could celebrate her birthday with her students :) 
note the adorable apron from my sis, Inga :) 
just for fun 

engagement rings and martini glasses for Auste's bachelorette weekend :) 
lingerie cookies for Auste's bachelorette weekend :) 
Guardian Angel cookies for my students' First Communion 
just for fun :) 
Banjo cookies for Dad's hootenanny 

No comments:

Post a Comment