signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

no big dill

Although this blog mainly focuses on baking, I'll often share a tip or two regarding non-baking subjects. Like dill. So here's the scoop..some of the best advice I've ever received was from my acupuncturist. No, it wasn't about posture or relaxation techniques, nor was it about which teas to drink, it was about dill. Now, a vital part of this story is that my acupuncturist is Lithuanian. For all of you non-lithos, you may be saying to yourselves, "wow, what a coincidence, her acupuncturist happens to be Lithuanian!" Well, actually, no. We're everywhere - every occupation, every city, every country. Ok, back to dill. The best advice... 


freeze     your        dill. 


Think about it. You buy dill, you don't eat the entire bunch, it goes bad. Boo hoo! Freeze it! It'll last you days, months, years?! After receiving this tidbit of amazing advice, I felt like a new woman. In fact, 3 months later, I just found my frozen dill and added it to my little radish salad for dinner. A delicious, healthy and quick dinner (or side dish, depending on how hungry you are!) 

radish. dill. greek yogurt. (I usually use sour cream,
 but this is all I found in our fridge and it was a stupendous substitution!) 

yum.


* radishes are a fantastic source of potassium and folic acid! 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely do this! Problem is, I often forget about it. Any advice? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it right next to the vodka..

    ReplyDelete