signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

funfetti flowers.

The most photographed cupcakes, by far. If I do say so myself... these were a beautiful success.

It all started with a homemade funfetti recipe and a cupcake book

The flower petals are made by cutting mini marshmallows in half (diagonally) and dipping them in sanding sugar. The dipping and assembling would be a fun activity for kids to take part in (helloooo fine motor skills) !! 

Add a thin layer of cream cheese frosting (or whatever your heart desires, but please for the love of cupcakes, don't ruin these baked beauties with a layer of store-bought frosting!!!!) After adding the layer, begin assembling the petals! It's a tedious process, but obviously worth it :) 

These cupcakes were a special treat for my 3rd graders at Lithuanian Saturday school. I found it particularly entertaining to watch my students eat them. The boys instantly devoured the topping first, while the girls sat staring at the cupcakes with wide, sympathetic eyes... "they're too pretty to eat!" 



..... but that didn't last long :) 

oh my sprinkles 
ready, set, bake

so festive 
. . . then the fun begins . . . 
mini marshmallow flower petals 

assembling 
all dressed up and ready to go :) 

success!! 

1 comment:

  1. These are unbelievable, Sigi! I'm hiring you in advance to do all the baked goodies for my future kiddos' birthdays.... (and my birthday, too). xo

    ReplyDelete