signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

oh, fudge!

The best way to get me to bake is by saying... "I need a cake/cupcakes/cookies, I guess I'll just go buy some..." or worse "I'll just buy cake mix..." FALSE. I'll do it. 

My sister needed a cake for a friend. I needed an excuse to bake. Bada bing, bada bake. 

The cake is actually my vanilla cupcake recipe, just...as a cake. The product was dense and delish.

As for frosting - it's an on-the-spot recipe: peanut butter chocolate fudge 

3/4 stick butter, softned
1-2 cups powdered sugar
peanut butter baking chips
chocolate chips 
a pinch of salt 

Soften butter with mixer, sift powdered sugar, plus pinch of salt and add to butter. Melt peanut butter chips with chocolate chips, add to butter/sugar. If the frosting looks a little dry, add melted butter or a dollop of corn syrup to add shine. 

With the left over fudge frosting I made fudge buttons and actual fudge. 







perfect for birthdays :-) 

fudge buttons 

No comments:

Post a Comment