signature glitter sigcakes.

signature glitter sigcakes.

Friday, January 13, 2012

no eggs(cuses)

When life hands you lemons? Make lemonade! When life takes away your eggs? Make eggless cookies!

Upon finding not a single egg in the fridge, I panicked. Kinda. What kind of baker am I? No eggs in my fridge? Martha Stewart would scowl at me - she has her own chicken coop, for crying out loud. But seriously, Martha...I live in a city...and I'm normal...so sometimes I run out of eggs. Get over it.

Rather than forfeiting my baking assignment (house full of guests tomorrow), I searched for eggless recipes. Eggless is the new egg...ful. Everything these days is eggless, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, taste-free. However, this simple recipe was exactly what I needed! It goes without saying, that I tweaked the recipe a bit. The recipe was totally vegan (vegan margarine, non-dairy milk, no eggs) but I wasn't interested in converting to veganism, I just wanted an eggless solution. I used regular butter, 2% milk and cinnamon rather than all spice.

For variation (and to clean out the pantry) I added cranberries, dried fruit nibs, almond slivers and oats.

Simple. Healthy. Easy. and o(ats) soo delicious! 


dried cranberries and fruit, almond slivers and oats 

perfect balance of chewy + crisp
all dressed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment